#1 2024-04-04 00:53:54

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website
MacintoshSafari 16.6

Cyclist intentionally hit by car at 45th & Guadalupe, 4/2/24

Olivia Stradtner via Nextdoor wrote:

Tonight while driving home from the Walgreens on 45th and Guadalupe I came upon a person who had just been hit by a car while biking (literally seconds afterwards). The person was unconscious and was severely injured- broken hand, concussion, broken collarbone etc. I jumped out and immediately started rendering aide along with another woman. After talking to numerous witnesses it was determined he was intentionally hit by a car that accelerated towards him, hit him from behind then sped off. APD, Austin Fire Department and EMS arrived within 7-10 minutes. The man had no recollection of the event, was incoherent at first and refused medical assistance even after being told he had numerous broken bones and a concussion. The EMTs, firemen and Austin Police did an amazing and empathetic job dealing with this tricky situation. APD gets a lot of negative press but I just wanted to give a shout out to the people showing up to work everyday and doing the right thing.

I also want to thank the neighbors who all sprang in to action, getting towels, offering water and gatorade to the victim, making statements to the police, those who took photos of the vehicle etc. It made me feel like I was part of a community who actually cared. We are stronger together!

Finally- if you witnessed this incident and have any info to provide please call APD. The person who committed this crime is dangerous and needs to be held accountable for their violent actions.

https://nextdoor.com/p/_N4G8P-j63hY?post=327837343

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.014 seconds, 8 queries executed - Memory usage: 529.49 KiB (Peak: 533.59 KiB) ]